Five Reasons Your Employees Should Have First Aid Training
July 27, 2016
You may think you know the importance of first aid and fire safety, but the real impact of first aid and fire equipment training in the workplace is often overlooked. Whether your business is a high or low-risk environment, there are always risks that can lead to medical emergencies.
1. Increasing profitability. A safer workplace means less missed workdays due to injuries. According to the National Safety Council, in 2012, nearly 5 million workers were injured at work, which costed employers a total of $198.2 billion.
2. Saving your employees time and money. It is proven that businesses and employees will save money if accidents are handled quickly and effectively. The National Safety Council attests that 25 percent of all emergency room visits can be avoided with basic first aid and CPR certification.
3. It really does save lives. If your employees don’t know how to handle injuries, the condition of the victim could worsen before the ambulance arrives, and cause further trauma and debilitation, not to mention medical costs and possibly, even death. Having a commercial first aid kit on the job sends a message to your employees that you value their health and well-being and are doing all you can to mitigate any injuries that occur on the job. It also shows that you never want your employees to be vulnerable to unattended injury.
4. It is required by law for many workplaces. The Occupational Safety and Health Administration requires businesses to provide first aid and CPR training to employees if there is no nearby clinic or hospital. Make sure you also have a commercial first aid kit available in your workplace. Obviously, if your business deals with risky materials or conditions, having a commercial first aid kit makes sense whether or not you are bound by law.
5. Teach your employees how to use emergency equipment. You spend money keeping your workplace up to code with commercial fire extinguishers and first aid kits, but these things don’t handle emergencies by themselves! Your employees need to know how to work fire extinguishers and use first aid supplies correctly. The investment need not be costly; a simple on-site class with the staff in attendance should suffice.
Special Sale in store – Specific to this campaign!
Blue Chip Gloves
Radians Rad-Atac Safety Glasses
BK 101 Vest
Featured Safety Products
Bob Dale Gloves
EN388 Cut Level 5 (XS-XXL)
Fire Extinguishers ABC (2.5lb, 4lb, 5lb, 10lb, 20lb)
7700 Series Half Mask
North(R) by Honeywell
WCB Basic First Aid Kit
Magnetic Mount Low Dome Amber Warning Light
Excaliber 9001 5 in 1 Bomber
Stop & Slow Signs